Saturday, April 4, 2009

Things That Annoy Me - April Edition

Every month this year, I'm making it a point to pick out something totally ridiculous in the sporting world that annoys me that may or may not have anything to do with Razorback athletics.

Beginning in February I began my rant about those stupid, self-promoting press conferences held by high school recruits announcing what college they plan to attend. March brought forth my rant on the over use of the term "bubbles" and for the month of April, I'm going with these idiotic things...



They're called shooting sleeves, and many basketball players are sporting them these days. Even the best player in the world (arguably) wears one on occasion, but he looked like a damn ballerina when he sported the purple leggins in the photo below...



I don't know if anyone has started keeping stats on shooting percentages with and without the sleeves, but I just want someone to yank these sleeves off of OU's Tony Crocker even though he supposedly wears the long sleeves for medical purposes...



But, I digress, we're not talking about long sleeves that look stupid underneath a uniform, we are talking about the shooting sleeve.

Obviously, this is just a passing fad like wearing low-cut socks, or black socks, or short shorts or long shorts. But, hey, if the statistics start backing up wearing these things, I might just break out a head band and end up working in the office like this guy...

No comments: