Saturday, August 18, 2007

Darren McFadden Wins 2007 Heisman


In a rare and unprecedented move, inside sources have informed me that Darren McFadden has already won the 2007 Heisman trophy. From my understanding, The Downtown Athletic Club in New York City has already engraved Darren's name on the trophy. Upon hearing this excellent news, I told as many members of the Athletic Club that I could get a hold of what a great decision this was. Giving McFadden the Heisman trophy this early on was equivalent to handing the original Dream Team the gold medal before the Olympics even began. I also gave most of the members my careful pre-season statistical analysis of Darren's upcoming season: 3,000 yards rushing, 1,000 yards receiving, and 1,000 yards passing to go along with his 52 touchdowns and 12 interceptions he will get filling in at defensive back on occasion when he gets bored. There is also a strong rumor that I am actively pursuing that says McFadden is pushing freshman kicking sensation Alex Tejada for the field goal kicking job. Upon hearing all of this, the members were much more at ease and felt more secure in their unprecedented selection of McFadden to the club prior to any games being played this season.

I called Darren later to be the first to congratulate him on this awesome achievement but he played it coy pretending not to even know anything about it, but as an almost professional journalist, I could read between the lines - he knew.

Personally, I like reading the end of the book first, so I am relieved to know that McFadden has won Arkansas' first ever Heisman Trophy. The only disappointment in Razorback nation will be coming from Felix Jones who will most likely finish 2nd in the official balloting at the end of the year. With Michael Smith getting the majority of the workload in the second half of all the Razorback blowout games this season, it's a realistic possibility that the Razorbacks could have their three top running backs in New York City for the Heisman presentation.

No comments: