Monday, October 27, 2008

Post Screw Job Report



Just a few more odds and ends stemming from the Ole Miss game on Saturday before we move on to the return of Gus Malzahn this weekend when Tulsa visits for homecoming...

Here is the pass interference call in question.

Coach Bobby Petrino said, "I thought London [Crawford] did a great job of elevating and grabbing the ball. That’s all I can say about it." ... except...
"I would like to also say that when my children were little, they used to like a book called "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No-Good, Very Bad Day." Except they used to change the name of the book for fun to where they ended up calling it "The Arkansas - Ole Miss Referee and the Terrible, Horrible, No-Good, Very Bad Offensive Pass Interference Call." And, that was way before we even lived here or knew anything about the University of Arkansas. What a weird coincidence huh? I can still remember junior saying to me, "Daddy, please read me "The Arkansas - Ole Miss Referee and the Terrible, Horrible, No-Good, Very Bad Offensive Pass Interference Call" again!"
"Wow, my kids loved that book. But, that obviously has no relevance on the game Saturday night, because if I said anything about that call, I could get in trouble from the league."






(Coming soon to your local children's book section)










(Also, look for this instant classic as well!)











Other witnesses were less diplomatic than Coach Petrino...

"I will beat that ref's ass if I ever run into him somewhere, and I can sucker punch him without him even seeing it coming."
- CSS color commentator Jimmy Dykes


"That's the kind of call that gets you fired, man. Back in the 80's at OU, Coach Switzer would have made that official cry after that call. He would have had him reverse his decision and issue a public apology to the crowd over the P.A. system before the game even continued."
- Arkansas radio color man Keith Jackson


"How in the Starkville can you make that questionable call that determined the outcome of the game? Sure, our kickers are on crack and shaky at best and might have missed it, but that was a total bullstarkville call! You just can't make that call."
- Ex-President, Bill Clinton


"That call made me want to "Jam The Vote"
- Andy Samberg



(begins at the 5:13 mark)


The post game also featured the fastest post-game "handshake" ever between Petrino and Nutt where Petrino barely touched the Nutt before running off to bust some kneecaps. Also, there was some sort of altercation between an Ole Miss cameraman and a University of Arkansas athletic staffer.

You know that Ole Miss cameraman probably had whatever it was coming to him.















(Hey Matt Wolf, Congrats on making into The Hog Tale. I hope you landed some good shots before you got unfairly hauled off in handcuffs. Ole Miss cameramen bastards!)

No comments: