Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Totally Non-Razorback Related Post



Since I began this site last summer, it has been for the general amusement and information on Razorback sports and Razorback athletes. But, I have to buck tradition today to say congratulations to the Boston Celtics. Having grown up a Celtics fan, it was with much enjoyment last night that I got to witness the crushing of the hated Kobe Bryant led L.A. Lakers for the Celtics' 17th NBA championship. The championship was of course the first since 1986, so I savored every last second on tv and on the internet today.



And you know that somewhere, Red was puffin' on a big ol' championship stogie.

I thought it was cool seeing KG and Bill Russell embracing after the game and watching Paul Pierce accept the MVP trophy and just enjoying the moment as KG, Pierce, and Ray Allen can now all lay claim to a NBA championship. I thought KG's head might explode from all the screaming/crying/screaming/yelling that he did during the post game celebration. Ray Ray was unbelievable in the finals. I'm glad Pierce won the MVP, but I would have had no argument had they given it to Allen instead. The man can flat out shoot the rock.

Here's hoping I don't have to wait another 22 years for a Celtics championship. In fact, I'd love to see a repeat with the Celtics beating the Lakers again next year...

Beat L.A.! Beat L.A.! Beat L.A.!

No comments: